Questions and answers about Juewels Website services
- I’m ready for a new Website for my small business/group. How do we start?
- How much do you charge per hour?
- Do you accept credit cards?
- How do I pay for your services?
- Do you require a work contract?
- Can we meet in person?
- I don’t have web hosting company for my Website.
- I don’t have a domain name (www).
- Can you translate our Website into English?
- Are you a registered business with the Chamber of Commerce (KvK Kamer van Koophandel)?
- Can you upgrade our existing Website into a WordPress site?
- Why use a WordPress Theme?
- Do you offer maintenance or training or post-launch support?
- Do you do this full-time and how long have you been doing web design?
I’m ready for a new Website for my small business/group. How do we start?
Please contact me. Then I will set up a free inital appointment with you to discuss your Web site requirements, Website type, how many pages and your budget. Plus, I’ll check if you already have a Domain name and hosting. If not, I’ll help you get that set-up first. As soon as I have all the information I need, I will start working on your Website.
How much do you charge per hour?
I charge $45 dollars / €40 per hour for Web site updates, maintenance and redesign. My rates are well within the USA and Dutch national averages. 1/2 hours rates are $22 / €20 per 30 mins.
Do you accept credit cards?
Yes, I accept bank-to-bank transfers and credit cards through my payment processor called “PayPal”. You can pay with your MasterCard, VISA, or AMEX. Note: You DO NOT need to have a PayPal account to pay with your credit card. I also accept cash on location.
How do I pay for your services?
After I send you an invoice with my bank information on it, you can pay with bank transfer. Or if you wish, you can also pay with your credit card or PayPal account through “PayPal”.
Do you require a work contract?
No, I don’t require a work contract, however it’s always a good idea to have one. A simple contract can protect both of us. I like to always provide a list of work items to complete with an estimated cost before I start the work.
Can we meet in person?
Yes, I can arrange an appointment to meet with you in person, if you live in The Netherlands. If you live within The Hague area, the initial consult is free. If you live elsewhere, then I we can make a phone or video chat appointment.
I don’t have a domain name (www).
If you don’t have a domain name, I can help you choose a domain and purchase it. Some hosting companies such as GreenGeeks.com and “BlueHost.com give you one for free for the 1st year, if you host with them. [Read more]
I don’t have web hosting company for my Website.
If don’t have a hosting server or hosting company for your domain name, I can help you transfer your domain name to your hosting company of choice or with a recommended company that I use. After you purchase a hosting package with a hosting server, then the yearly fee for your domain name is sometimes discounted or free.
Can you translate our Website into English?
Yes, I can translate and add English Web pages to your Web site for you. My charge for this work would be per page. I also can provide proof reading and corrections to an existing translated site.
Are you registered with the Dutch Chamber of Commerce?
Yes, I am a registered business with the KvK Kamer van Koophandel. Juewels Website Design and Services KvK nummer: 53616316. You can search our business here www.kvk.nl/zoeken/handelsregister.
Can you upgrade our existing Website into a WordPress site?
Yes, I can convert your existing Website into a responsive, SEO WordPress site in most all cases. I charge hourly for this service.
Why use a WordPress Theme?
- WordPress is easy to use for the enduser
- Offers over 5000 FREE themes
- The Website platform of choice. Over 7.5 million websites have been built. 1.2 million of them are the most popular and most visited sites in the world.
- It’s open source CMS (Content Management Systems) is supported by 1000’s of developers worldwide who continue to improve it
- Powerful Blogging engine
- Free advanced plugins
- Excellent Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Offers responsive themes so that your Website is viewable with all devices
Do you offer maintenance or training or post-launch support?
Yes, I offer maintenance services, training and support for each of my clients. At the end of the project, I can create an instructional manual tailored to your website with screenshots.
Do you do this full-time/part-time and how long have you been doing web design?
Yes, this is my day job 4 days out of the week. I have over 15+ years experience with Website design, SEO and Website usability. I work with small businesses, students, bloggers and self-employed. I worked as a contractor with Spotzer Media creating over 400 Websites for small businesses. Plus, I was a Website professional with IBM for 11 years.