StatCounter is an easy, free, simple statistics tool that sends you weekly Web statistics about your Website visitor traffic. To make it more accurate, be sure to block your own IP addresses so that it doesn’t include your views within the stats for unique and returning visitors. Here’s how to do this:
- Look up your IP address. Do this by going to Google search and typing in “my ip address” or go to whatismyipaddress.com.
- Sign into your Statcounter.com account using your ID and PW. If you don’t know your id or password, you can look on your Website info .txt file given to you when we set up your Website or just ask.
- Under the tab “Projects” find your Website listed and then click on the wrench image. This will bring you to the installation and configuration page.
- Click on the first option called “Edit Project Settings”.
- Find IP Blocking on the page (lower right) and add your IP address to the list.
- Save by clicking the gray button with a green check mark called “Update project”.