Adding and setting up WordPress on your website is easy with GreenGeeks.
Why use WordPress as your content management system (CMS)?
Wordpress is a platform that allows all people (beginners – advanced) to build amazing websites without knowing how to program in HTML or PHP. It’s easy to use and is always being updated with new features (plugins & themes) from developers worldwide. This means you will always have the most up-to-date CMS running your website. You can also choose from over 5000 free theme’s from WordPress.org, or purchase a premium WordPress from developers found on ThemeForest . Not only is using a good, easy-to-use CMS important, but finding the a reliable Web host with A+ customer service is too. I highly recommend GreenGeeks.com to all of my clients. They make using WordPress even easier.
After you sign up for GreenGeeks, you will have access to your cPanel. This is where you will find Softaculous. It’s an application installer that automates setting up various management systems such as WordPress and its database after just a few pieces of information is filled in by yourself.
Step 1: Sign into your Green Geeks account
Look for the blue cPanel button under Quick Server Login
Step 2: Open the Softaculous App Installer
From cPanel, scroll to down to the Softaculous Apps Installer and click “WordPress.”
Step 3: Install WordPress
From the Softaculous script window, click the blue “Install Now” button in the description.
This action will start the installation process setup of the most recent version of WordPress available.
It will ask you to fill in some information in a few sections on this page.
Here are the sections with areas that should be filled in:
- Software Setup – Choose the Protocal and the Domain name
- Site Settings – Give your website a name and dscription
- Admin Account – Create a User ID login (Do Not use ADMIN) and a strong password. Fill in your email.
- Choose Language – Use dropd-own list
- Select Plugins – (optional) uncheck WP-Forms Lite box
- Advanced Options – (optional) just leave it as is
- Select Theme – (optional) you can also select other themes after installation.
Click the “Install” button on the bottom middle of the screen.
You can also enter an Email for the installation details to be mailed to.
Softaculous will then analyze your information and settings while installing the WordPress CMS onto your website.
After the installation is complete, Softaculous will give you a couple of links. One is the URL of your new website while the other is the admin address.
Click the link next to “Administrative URL” to visit the login screen and access your site.
This will look similar to, for example: www.yourwebsitename.com/wp-admin
Bookmark this URL for easy login and access at a later date.
Step 3: Install Your Plugins
One of the most amazing parts of WordPress is how you have access to more than 45,000 plugins. These small apps of sorts are available to help build just about any kind of website you can think of.
After installing a plugin, your WordPress website has more functionality.
- Yoast SEO – Website Search engine optimization
- WordFence Security – Tighten up your website security and block undesired users
- ContactForms7 – Useful and widely used for making forms on your website
- Broken Link Checker – Tool for checking broken links on your website
Should you have any questions, please contact me. I offer very reasonable rates to help you set up your new website. Also, GreenGeeks are on hand with their team to provide assistance.