In this beginners group WordPress Basics training course / workshop you will learn the basics of installing and setting up WordPress, and working with the WordPress dashboard. This class will give you the knowledge and the confidence to install, build and maintain your WordPress website yourself. During the workshop there will be instruction, hands-on training, and Q&A. Classes are kept small so there can be more one-on-one attention given to participants. A certificate will be given at the end upon completion of the Workshop.
Why should you take this WordPress basics workshop?
Your website is in urgent need of replacement and you want a WordPress website.
You don’t have a website and you want a new website that you can easily create and manage yourself.
You have a free WIX or other web-builder website, but now you want a website w/o ads and 100% control over your files.
You already know a bit about WordPress, but would like to learn more, plus some tips & tricks.
Registration – Class Dates
4 March – Monday
22 March – Friday
5 April – Friday
12 April – Friday
Group Course details
€ 149,- (inc. BTW) per person
Seats available: Min 2 people / max 6 people
3.5 – 4 hours (9:30 – 13:30)
Food & drinks: Coffee, tea, soda, juice, cookies and a light lunch will be provided.
Level of expertise: This workshop is for beginners with little to no knowledge about what is needed to set up a WordPress website. Easy class to follow and it comes with a printable PDF of the slide presentation.
– Bring a laptop if you want to participate in hands-on training
– Basic knowledge of working with a computer including using WIFI, the Internet, cutting/pasting text, downloading/uploading files, etc.
Topics we will discuss:
- WordPress overview
- Installing WordPress
- Configuring/set-up WordPress
- WordPress Themes: What are they? How to Install them?
- Plugins: What are they? Choose and add plugins
- WordPress new editor Gutenberg (block format) overview
- Blog posts: Learn how to create blog posts
- Pages: Learn how to create pages
- Media: Learn to add images and docs/pdfs to your library
- Widgets and sidebars: Learn how to add and work with them
- Navigation menu: Learn how to create and edit a navigation menu
- Footer: Create a footer area using widgets
- Contact form: Learn how to create and add forms
- Basic Search Engine Optimization (SEO): Recommended plugin and setup
- Basic Website Security: Recommended plugins and setup
- Managing Updates (WordPress core, theme, and plugins)
- Tips & Tricks
If you already have a WordPress Website and would like to make updates to it while we are in class, please be prepared to sign into your WordPress dashboard using the WIFI at the course. If you don’t have a WordPress Website, let us know upon registration and we will set up a test Website area for you to work in during the class. Access to this test area will also be available up to 1 week after the class.
Get this class for a €25,00 discount!
Sign-up for new web hosting from our #1 recommended Web host called Green Geeks.com using our referral link. Or move your existing website over to them ,I can help you with this task for free. Just ask!
Note: Refunds will be processed only after Green Geeks has confirmed our referral and your signup.
A Tax Write-off
Workshop prices are designed with budget-minded small business owners (Zzper) and individual website owners in mind. Good news! In many cases, the investment can be deducted from the Dutch tax return as a training expense. Read more about the possible tax deduction you can get here: Persoonsgebonden aftrek
The workshop will take place at the AWC on the ground floor. This is a business building with two offices that can be found if you walk down the driveway path between the houses. There is a sign out in front at the sidewalk.
Johan van Oldenbarneveltlaan 43, 2582 NJ The Hague
Street parking is available for free until 13:00. After 13:00 one needs to pay the parking fees.
Bus #21 Scheveningseweg bus stop
Tram #1 Frankenslag stop (NOTE: This line is closed and under construction)